Remove Yahoo Search from computer (Unwanted Yahoo Searching)
Yahoo Search looks like a internet search engine and it will highly recommend you to utilize it by promising a better service. If you want to refuse it and try to alter it, you could not find it on the Control Panel and you could not delete it efficiently. Later, you would find your landing page is changed and your own search engine is replaced. In this case, you could guess that Yahoo Search is a browser hijacker and it is the last thing you would like to keep on your browser. Please note that there is normal Yahoo search and you will never get redirected to it if you trying to find anything in Google.
Yahoo Search is a tool from adware or shareware which is not a beloved application for PC as well. It will display numerous ads here. So another task for Yahoo Search is to make possible for ads by adware infect your browser freely. As a browser hijacker, it will control your browsers, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. And if you have some alert function on these browsers when you open the suspicious sites or when ads are surging your screen, it will turn off these functions. Besides, Yahoo Search will change the settings to enable the ads and adware here.
Therefore, if you have seen Yahoo Search once on your browsers, you are unavoidable to meet many misleading ads later. Obviously, you should immediately remove it.
Step by step instructions how to remove Yahoo Search virus.
STEP 1. Yahoo Search virus from the system
First of all, Yahoo Search is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Yahoo Search virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Yahoo Search browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Yahoo Search virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Yahoo Search from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Yahoo Search prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Yahoo Search virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.