We may advise you to follow the guide below to uninstall R18.com Ads fully. The program is an adware and may bring you lots of problems. The guide will help you eliminate it in a few clicks.
So, Ads by R18 is a new computer application. The program is useless for users. It is regarded as the Adware. This type of infection is not terrible malicious virus that will damage your system. In fact, the intrusive application is relatively harmless. However, you should understand that it will disturb you permanently. Ads by R18.com are designed to bring profit for developers. Therefore, the program will bombard you with all sorts of advertising.
All these ads and banners will cause high load to the CPU. For this reason, your web browser may freeze and even your operating system will slow down. Furthermore, it will help to other unwanted program to sneak into your machine. If you want to delete R18 adware from the PC, you should follow the manual below.
R18.com hijacker: R18 removal guide
STEP 1. Remove R18.com virus from the browser
First of all, R18.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by R18.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and R18.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that R18 hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove R18.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed R18!
Video guide on how to remove R18 from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with R18.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.