First thing first, what is Onclickrev.com (onclickrev.com/afu.php?zoneid=…) site? This site sells traffic to different malicious or gambling sites so if your PC infected with adware virus you will definitely redirected to such site when you open your browser. The sites can be really different from the legitimate online-shops to the different gambling site or adult game sites. This virus classified as a browser hijacker and often appear, then you (or someone from your family) install some kind of freeware from the internet. Such method of installing different viruses is really popular and called “bundle” method, this mean that when you install freeware you additionally install viruses without even knowing. There are many popular viruses alike Onclickrev.com what already infected million computers all over the world such as – Launchpage.org, bitmotion-tab.com or Gamereleasedate.info.
Often virus like Onclickrev.com appear after you install freeware from the Internet. Be really careful when you are installing any program (especial free) from the Internet. Be careful with program what you download from suspicious sites, most of them have bundled with other software, so never allow install such program with “Custom” options. Look at “Advanced” option and cancel unwanted installation, this simple stem will protect you from virus attack in the future.
You must know that applications what use the bundling method usually redirect users to bogus websites, generate intrusive online ads, and collect various information, so never ignore virus like this. All of them can bring mess to your computer and deal terrible damage to your system. Many such sites can steal some of your private information, that”s why we highly recommend to remove Onclickrev.com from your computer as fast as possible!
Onclickrev.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Onclickrev.com page from the browser
First of all, Onclickrev.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Onclickrev.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Onclickrev.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Onclickrev.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Onclickrev.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Onclickrev.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Onclickrev.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.