If your browser redirects you to Us.search.yahoo.com every time you search anything – then be ready that your computer infected with a virus. This virus classified as browser hijacker and will appear anytime when you trying to find anything through your default search engine.
If you are installing free software and just skip installation process, you totally will that some additional program was installed too. This program can be installed without any notifications, so you should be careful and check every menu in the installation process. There are many viruses who spread via Internet like that and many of them already infect millions of the computers (eu.Yahoo.Search.com or Search.rspark.com). Just skip one step of the installation process and your computer can be full of different viruses:
Never allow to download any program from this site or your computer will be infected with more viruses and you can lose the whole system in no time. Only after removing of Us.search.yahoo.com you can be calm for your personal information. Bellow you can find video instruction what will help you to remove this virus completely in a few simple clicks!
Us.search.yahoo.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Us.search.yahoo.com page from the browser
First of all, Us.search.yahoo.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Us.search.yahoo.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Us.search.yahoo.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Us.search.yahoo.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Us.search.yahoo.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Us.search.yahoo.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Us.search.yahoo.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.