ProxyGate claims to be a beneficial free application, but as ProxyGate is a real adware and a potentially unwanted program, it has never been true that it will help you in your online activities. What is adware? It belongs to a part of the virus and it is usually annoyed and dangerous. However, it is capable of damaging your whole computer system.
The ProxyGate appearance of the potentially unwanted application will take its toll and lead to overloaded browser that displays a slew of pop-ups, to endless redirects on the suspicious sites, etc. The real purposes of the PUPs are difficult to predict, so that you cannot be sure about the damage it can provoke for the system. There is necessity to block alerts and return normal performance of the computer.
What is interesting to know about ProxyGate PUPs is that they appear in the system after user’s consent. Of course, they occur not because of the direct intention, as a rule, users just do not know that they permit the installation of malware samples together with cost-free utilities. Cyber criminals attach malicious software to various applications to find the way to the system and conduct own activities. To prevent their malicious goals we recommend avoiding random surfing the Internet and unknown social networks. Use anti-malware detector to block the possibility of remote control over your device. Reconsider the current situation of your security, if it is not appropriate, improve the situation with additional tools.
Well, you understand that the presence of the ProxyGate malware will work not in your personal favor, so that it is time to get rid of it as soon as possible. Try GridinSoft Anti-Malware application in action. It is a proven malware removal tool that eliminates the files related to this unwanted program before it is not too late. Follow the guide you see below to know how to use the utility.
ProxyGate removal guide
STEP 1. Remove ProxyGate virus from the browser
First of all, ProxyGate is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by ProxyGate, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and ProxyGate has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that ProxyGate hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove ProxyGate traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed ProxyGate!
Video guide on how to remove ProxyGate from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ProxyGate in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.