Users come across with app.exe process in their Task Manager unexpectedly as in most cases their anti-viruses do not accept it as malicious and permit the installation. We may persuade you that such object is potentially unwanted to be in the system as it has negative effect on the performance of the computer. It is responsible for the generation of a slew of pop-ups in your browser that enables normal surfing the Internet.
You can track the location of the app.exe malicious software due to the Task Manager that shows the C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming folder. Right-click on the process and open the folder with the running process. Sadly, but to delete the process and all related to it components once and forever will be impossible without a special utility that cleans computers from the rubbish. Of course, you can always try manual removal, but in most cases it is powerless against such computer threats.
The appearance of the app.exe process in your system is not a coincidence. It is a result of careless online behavior or poor work of the anti-virus software. Be careful with the steps of installation to decreases the risk of penetration or even prevent it by blocking all unwanted objects that are attached to the cost-free utilities. Think twice before clicking on the suspicious links you suddenly see in the popping-up windows. Social networks that your browser can forward you to may also contain malware samples. If there is a gap in the defense, various Trojans, viruses, PUPs and adware can invade the system and start their harmful activities. Increase the level of security with a proven anti-malware tool. The majority of Internet users add it to detect the threat and delete all possible rubbish.
The source of the app.exe process will not disappear itself and go on spoiling the work of your device. Use GridinSoft Anti-Malware software that will remove all unwanted rubbish and keep the system clean. Follow the information in the steps provided in the rest of the article to make your computer safe again.
app.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove app.exe virus from the browser
First of all, app.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by app.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and app.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that app.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove app.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed app.exe!
Video guide on how to remove app.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with app.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.