MultiTimer.exe Hijacker – how to remove MultiTimer.exe virus?
MultiTimer.exe is definitely not safe, since it is a part of a very hazardous application more correctly classified as adware. It’s a process that can be clearly traced as enabled via your Task Manager. You may see the result of this adware installed in your computer by the multitude of annoying advertisement banners popping up everywhere in your screen through the default browser. Their appearance is pretty much explained by activity of MultiTimer.exe process in your computer.
Frankly speaking, MultiTimer.exe horribly affects the performance of your PC. You suddenly notice that CPU’s power goes to unknown purposes, and when you try to run some programs they freeze very much. Those, who are confused with the state of their PC stat searching for MultiTimer.exe process source. It’s not difficult at all, use your Task Manager and detect where the threat is. No doubt, selecting the option to lead file location is easy, but to get rid of the threat forever, you will need additional help. You can delete MultiTimer folder, however, harm will go on. We offer a proven way to eliminate the threat with the help of anti-malware software.
The huge number of advertisements controlled by MultiTimer.exe will drive you crazy in several days. The pop-ups are going to display everywhere to spoil browser session. They typically behave peacefully without showing you any decent information. Quite the contrary! They may alert you about urgent necessity to install a lot of helpful tools that are junk programs in reality. No doubt, they will mess the device up more and more. The final aim is to infect your PC with even more serious threats that will kill your CPU and exhaust the owner with slow performance.
Removal of MultiTimer.exe process is possible if you decide to switch for a helpful tool able to delete unwanted programs. You need a cleaner that can track harmful programs, uninstall them and keep your device clean on a regular basis. Meet GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that gets rid of this infection within a few mouse clicks. Instructions below are made to help you in removal process, use them to do everything effectively.
MultiTimer.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove MultiTimer.exe virus from the browser
First of all, MultiTimer.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by MultiTimer.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and MultiTimer.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that MultiTimer.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove MultiTimer.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed MultiTimer.exe!
Video guide on how to remove MultiTimer.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with MultiTimer.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.