Windows Host.exe process appears in Task Manager after malware penetration. Users often meet suspicious Windows Host folder on their computers despite the fact that its origin is unknown to them. In fact, your computer may face substantial slowness as these hazardous processes exhaust the system.
Click right on Windows Host.exe in your Task Manager to find the location of the Windows Host folder where the process we are talking about takes place. It will be impossible to delete this computer threat manually, follow the instruction to know how to deal with it.
The appearance of the Windows Host.exe process in your system is not a coincidence. It is a result of careless online behavior or poor work of the anti-virus software. Be careful with the steps of installation to decreases the risk of penetration or even prevent it by blocking all unwanted objects that are attached to the cost-free utilities. Think twice before clicking on the suspicious links you suddenly see in the popping-up windows. Social networks that your browser can forward you to may also contain malware samples. If there is a gap in the defense, various Trojans, viruses, PUPs and adware can invade the system and start their harmful activities. Increase the level of security with a proven anti-malware tool. The majority of Internet users add it to detect the threat and delete all possible rubbish.
You can eliminate Windows Host.exe malware with a powerful cleaner. It will remove all rubbish and keep the system clean. Follow the information in the steps provided in the rest of the article to make your computer clean and malware-free.
Windows Host.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Windows Host.exe virus from the browser
First of all, Windows Host.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Windows Host.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Windows Host.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Windows Host.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Windows Host.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Windows Host.exe!
Video guide on how to remove Windows Host.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Windows Host.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.