About tasksche.exe (WannaCrypt 2.0)
The tasksche.exe file is a main executable process of WannaCrypt 2.0 ransomware. In short, this process installs along with all other modules of Wanna Decryptor and rights itself in a registry of your system. This will allow tasksche.exe to start along with Windows every time. Before trying to do anything with your encrypted files, we advise you to remove all files associated with Wanna Decryptor
There are three versions of Wanna Decryptor at the moment of this article being published. Each one differst from the other and tasksche.exe files are not the same. Though computers can be infected by several methods, the tasksche.exe file will have the same location:
After the encryption process is over, this process will right itself in the registry key:
The process of encryption is quite similar to other ransomware. WannaDecryptor uses same algorithms and changes file extension in order to mark it.Example of encrypted files:
b.wnry c.wnry r.wnry s.wnry t.wnry u.wnry
Detailed information on tasksche.exe (Wanna Decryptor):
Original name: diskpart.exe
File size: 3.4 MB
|Avira (no cloud)||
|CrowdStrike Falcon (ML)||
Trojan ( 0050d7171 )
Trojan ( 0050d7171 )
|Palo Alto Networks (Known Signatures)||
|ZoneAlarm by Check Point||
Files associated with tasksche.exe and Wanna Decryptor:
Original name: lhdfrgui.exe
File size: 3.6 MB
File size: 3.6 MB
File size: 3.4 MB ( 3514368 bytes )
For more detailed information of WannaCrypt we have a separate post. Also, if you want to return your encrypted files, there is a detailed guide inside of this link, follow these steps. There are no guaranties that this will work, but you should try anyway. If you are asking will you return your file if you pay the ransom, then the answer is most likely no. We have some reports from users who paid the ransom and got their file back, but criminals is not the most trustworthy group of people. Before procceding to the recovery guide, perform the removal guide! In other case you may end up in repeated ecnryption.
Step by step instructions how to remove tasksche.exe virus.
STEP 1. Remove tasksche.exe virus from the system
First of all, tasksche.exe is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove tasksche.exe virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying tasksche.exe browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove tasksche.exe virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove tasksche.exe from your system completaly:
STEP 3. tasksche.exe prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with tasksche.exe virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.