About .combo (Dharma)
.combo (Dharma) is categorized by our team as the new ransomware infection. Some anti-virus programs currently identify it, nonetheless, there are certain applications that bypass it and also therefore permit its invasion. Customers have involved calling it that, because of the extension, it includes at the end of your files. Let’s elaborate. Ransomware tool invade your computer using slyness and also skill. After that, once they go into, they spread their corruption. They utilize file encryption algorithms to secure your files. Then, extort you for their launch. After .combo (Dharma) sneaks into your system, it places each one of your data under lock-down. It connects its very own extension at the end, hence making it unattainable. As well as, no file can escape its reach. It targets records, archives, photos, songs, videos, all of it! Afterwards, you can longer open it. Relocating the data, or renaming it, will not help. The only method to launch your information from the ransomware’s maintain, is conformity. The infection expects you to pay a ransom, if you wish to free your data. It makes that clear, in the ransom note it leaves after security. The note is usually a message file, left on your Desktop. You can additionally discover it in every folder which contains locked information. It describes your circumstance, and provides you a way out. According to .combo (Dharma), the only method to free your files is with an unique decryption trick. And, to get it, you should pay a ransom. The quantity varies, and it’s typically requested in Bitcoin. However various other cryptocurrencies are additionally a choice. The infection assures, to send you the trick you require, after you finish the transfer. And, that’s it. That’s all you obtain– an assurance. You have absolutely no guarantees that compliance leads to something favorable. Do not hinge on the word of cyber offenders. These are undependable people with destructive programs. People, that will double-cross you. Do NOT pay them a dollar. Don’t call them Do NOT adhere to their needs. It may seem a difficult call to make, yet it’s the right one.
STEP 1. Recover files from .combo (Dharma) ransomware encryption
There are a lot of different ransomware viruses on the internet. Some of them are more dangerous than the others because they not only leaving malicious processes to protect themselves, but also removing backups of your system to make the recovery process impossible.
Please Note: Not all ransomware infections are able to remove backups of your system, so it is always worth to try a windows recovery method below. In order to protect your backups from this danger, try our Anti-Ransomware product:
We recommend use Safe Mode with command prompt to safely perform a recovery of your files. You will have to reboot your computer, so you better save this instruction some where on your hard drive or read if from second computer.
- Windows 7 users: You need to reboot your system and before its loaded constantly press “F8” button until you see boot options.
- Windows 8/10 users: Press the “Power” button from Windows login screen or Settings. Hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click on “Restart”
- After your computer reboots – Click on “Troubleshoot” – press “Advanced options” – “Startup Settings”
- Click the “Restart” button and your computer will reload again and show you the list with all options. You need to choose the “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- When your windows loads, enter the following line: cd restore and press Enter.
- After that type rstrui.exe line and press Enter.
- A recovery window will open before you, Click Next to proceed.
- In the next window, you need to choose a Restore point. All files in protected drives will be recovered at the time when this point was created (prior to the infection with .combo (Dharma)). In the case when ransomware removes these backups, there will be no Restore points listed. Select a Restore point and click “Next”.
- Click “Finish” in this window and confirm the recovery process by pressing “Yes“.
Simple example of how to recover your files from ransomware infection:
STEP 2. Removing .combo (Dharma) ransomware malicious files
Once the recovery process is complete, you should consider scanning your computer with a GridinSoft Anti-Malware in order to find any traces of .combo (Dharma) infection. Though some ransomware viruses are removing themselves right after the encryption of your files, some may leave malicious processes on your computer for special purposes of cyber criminals.
- Run GridinSoft Anti-Malware and choose the scan type, which is suitable for your needs. Of course, for the accuratest scan results we recommend you to choose the “Full Scan”.
- Give Anti-Malware a little time to check your system:
- Move to quarantine all the viruses and unwanted files, that you see in the results list:
- Enjoy the malware removal process:
Use of On-run protection may additionaly prevent different types of cyber attacks, our protect may flag the downloader of the ransomware as a malicious application preventing the download of .combo (Dharma).
STEP 3. Prevent the .combo (Dharma) ransomware infection with GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware
Despite that some ransomware can remove backups of your OS, our product GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware is able to protect them from the removing in the first place. When some kind of a malicious program or ransomware virus tries to delete your backups, out program intercepts this request and blocks the sending process.
Note: that the product is still in Beta testing phase, some bugs and glitches are possible.
Besides the protection tool, you should read and learn few simple rules. Follow them every time you work on your computer and your will decrease chances of your infection to a minimum:
- Don’t open suspicious spam letters. No way! Be very careful with your downloads. Download and install software preferably from its official website.
- Do backups of your important files regularly. Storing your really important files in few different places is a good decision.
- Keep your system free from adware, hijackers and PUPs The infected computer will be more likely compromised with other malicious software, and ransomware is not an exception in this case.
- Don’t panic and be reasonable. Don’t pay the ransom fee right after you got infected, it is always best to search on the internet for some answers. It is possible that someone have developed a decryption tool that might help you.