nvcontainer.exe Miner is not a virus but a Trojan Horse if to say more exactly. Owners of this malware face the risks of disruption cryptocurrencies due to the resources of the own PC. The threat is dangerous because it conducts its dangerous activity using the GPU and CPU power on the infected computers.
The nvcontainer.exe trojan often attaches to the toll-free software netizens may come across every time they surf the Internet. When people download such programs, they can forget to read the requirements. As usual, adware, spyware and PUPs fix there and travel to the computer system and start there their malicious activity.
Stuff like the nvcontainer.exe starts using 70% or even more of the CPU’s power for own purposes without direct permission of the PC owner that will have negative consequences if to say about computer efficiency. That happens because nvcontainer.exe spends computer’s power for its own benefits. All-in-all, you will find your computer exhausted as it is going to heat more than usually. It goes without saying, you don’t have a wish to change your CPU ahead of time. But hot temperatures result untimely death of your computer.
The process of the nvcontainer.exe will be especially negative for the PC efficiency. It is time to eliminate it unless you are ready to loss your workstation. Try to be careful with your online behavior and avoid suspicious links and random sites.
nvcontainer.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove nvcontainer.exe virus from the browser
First of all, nvcontainer.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by nvcontainer.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and nvcontainer.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that nvcontainer.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove nvcontainer.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed nvcontainer.exe!
Video guide on how to remove nvcontainer.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with nvcontainer.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.