lp.pctonics.com pop-up windows will repeatedly and randomly redirect your browser to the huge variety of other websites. Some of them may be quite acceptable, whereas the large portion of these domains will be extremely dangerous. lp.pctonics.com domain is therefore used as an intermediary between your browser and plenty of other third-party resources to which you may be forwarded. However, occurrence of these pop-ups and subsequent redirections doesn’t take place by itself, without any reason. Most likely your computer is infected with adware or PUP (potentially unwanted program) that currently spews out such pop-ups on a permanent basis.
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Microsoft Edge are the most popular browsers to show lp.pctonics.com pop-ups. Typically, you can see alerts in new or blank tabs, their amount will constantly grow. During the time of malware penetration, the performance of the computer will change negatively. Abnormally high CPU usage will lead to the death of your processor. The adware that creates lp.pctonics.com alerts is the main enemy of your hardware.
How did lp.pctonics.com find the way to my system? Software with bundled adware in it is the reason of your current troubles. All of us tend to install the software without being too much attentive with EULAs (End User License Agreements). Hence, malicious tools get access to our PCs and start their wet job. Don’t be too quick to blame installers, they are typically open to inform you with what you install in the agreement. So, bring yourself to read requirements first and only then download anything. Alternatively, unwanted apps come to your system because of the weak points in your security. Your current anti-malware might have already lost its power to protect the system. Databases play a key role in this process, they tend to get not modern. You will be shocked to know how many respected antiviruses fail to keep PCs safe all the time.
Unfortunately, the fact that lp.pctonics.com adware still worsens your PC is obvious. You need to block it as soon as possible. Immediate scan of your system will help to find the source of the adware and eliminate it. With an effective anti-malware tool you will do everything faster and more securely, and the guidelines below are ready to help you with this. Do not forget to reset your browser because it needs fixing to return to the previous condition before the adware penetrated the system.
lp.pctonics.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove lp.pctonics.com virus from the browser
First of all, lp.pctonics.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by lp.pctonics.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and lp.pctonics.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that lp.pctonics.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove lp.pctonics.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed lp.pctonics.com!
Video guide on how to remove lp.pctonics.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with lp.pctonics.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.