The WinTonic is an illegitimate or doubtful system tool that is promoting itself as a free advantage program and Microsoft Gold partner that solves common performance problems and remove various problems like malware, hijackers, adware and so on. This software uses misleading tactics and thus can be considered as rogueware or potential unwanted program (PUP).
The truth about WinTonic is that this application is based on fake system scans and display misleading, limited, harmful, and fake results to claim that your computer has serious problems. With this misleading messages that need to be repaired is in order to target and trick unsuspecting victims into purchasing the WinTonic product to fix issues the found on the system.
Programs like WinTonic takes advantage of vulnerabilities on your computer to enter. This is why it’s very important that you have a legitimate anti-virus software installed and keep it updated, along with all your software. Be careful when opening spam email attachments and don’t click on banners suggesting there is something wrong with your computer. Also do not trust pop-ups saying you need to download a peace of software or update it. Only use legitimate websites for software downloads and updates.
When the WinTonic is installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to remove. Usually, there is a Uninstall Program entry that uninstalls WinTonic from your computer, but mostly there are still many remnants behind of the adware that causes problems. In this case, you need to use the specialized tools found in this removal guide to clean up your computer. To remove WinTonic completely from your computer and cleanup the installed browsers, please use the guide below.
WinTonic removal guide
STEP 1. Remove WinTonic virus from the browser
First of all, WinTonic is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by WinTonic, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and WinTonic has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that WinTonic hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove WinTonic traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed WinTonic!
Video guide on how to remove WinTonic from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with WinTonic in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.