Remove Trotux.com hijacker – How to remove guide
In this removal tutorial, you will learn to remove Trotux.com virus and its home page that installs on such browser as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and so on. By following this instruction below you will remove this viral hijacker and protect your computer from potential attacks in the future.
The Trotux.com virus is a browser hijacker page, it installs by using deception and tricks. Developers are wrapping it in the installation of other programs that can be downloaded from shady and unreliable websites. Users are not paying attention during the installation process, which allows cyber criminals to use this weakness in spreading process of their viruses.
Once Trotux.com virus is installed, you will see, that some settings of your browser were changed. Namely, your homepage and a default search provider will be set on Trotux.com website. This website looks like an absolutely normal search engine, yet cybercriminals are using it for other purposes like raising some money or collect information on its users.
According to site Alexa.com this site have many visitors every day, what mean that this browser virus already infect million of computers all over the world, so be careful if you notice this hijacker on your PC.
This is a quite common activity for them and it is jeopardizing your safety and the safety of your data. They are making a profit from selling personal data, credit card information, social network accounts, statistics and others. These are the reasons why you should remove Trotux.com virus from your browser and then scan your computer for any potential threats that may be installed along with this hijacker. Follow the steps below to do that!
How to remove Trotux.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Trotux.com hijacker, probably your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted program that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Trotux.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Trotux.com hijacker:
Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
The installation of our program was developed to be very fast. As a result, with only 1 click you will be able to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware and procced to the removal process in no time. This feature allows to save some time on already infected computers.
Scan your computer for infections:
Finaly, when the installation is over, open the program and perform a scan. During the first start of GridinSoft Anti-Malware, it will perform “Quick scan” automaticly, unless users canlces it manually. If it doesn’t – go to “Scan” tab – click “Quick scan” button.
Remove detected items:
When scanning process is complete, you will see a window with detected items that you need to remove. In this window you will see a “Apply to all” field, you need to choose “Move to quaratine” there. This will isolate all detected items and move them into quarantine folder. You will be able to restore files from there.
Change your browser settings:
Most hijackers are altering browser settings to make them open these page at every start. GridinSoft Anti-Malware can change these options and remove hijackers like Trotux.com from all popular browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge). To remove hijacker from your browser – open “Tools” tab and press “Reset Browser Settings“.
You will see “Reset browser settings” window. It contains 3 columns. In the first column you need to choose your infected(!!) browser. In second column we advise you to choose “Start page“, “Search engines” and “Cache” options. You can also choose other settings to reset, but remember – you may completely remove all settings from your browser. If you don’t know what option to select – follow our advice.
Activate Real-Time Protection:
In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can enable the feature, that will block any attempt to install viruses and malicious content on your computer. It is called “Real-time protection”. To turn this function – go to “Protection” tab – click “Start” button at top left corner of the window.
Example of Reset Browser Settings feature:
Here is the video on how easy to remove hijackers with GridinSoft Anti-malware.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
1) Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
2) Spam messages from email. Attaches files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
3) Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
4) Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
5) Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automaticaly, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
6) Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed trough bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer befor procceding further!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now:
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!