ampxsearch.com is a browser hijacker that you may suddenly find in your browser. It must have entered your computer together with free software because you did not notice it being attached. If it goes unnoticed during freeware installation, it is allowed to install alongside. Hijackers are typically low-level threats and are not malicious. However, ampxsearch.com will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage. This is done so that the hijackers can generate traffic for sponsored pages and in that way make income. Hijackers also have the tendency to monitor browsing sessions and collect certain kind of data about users. Overall, hijackers do not benefit users in any way, they only disrupt browsing sessions, which is why you need to uninstall ampxsearch.com.
All browser hijackers use the bundling method to spread and that means that they are attached to free software. These attached items are set to install automatically unless you manually deselect them. In order to do this, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings during free program installation. In those settings, you will see what has been attached and if there is something, you will be able to deselect it/them. You should not hurry through the process in Default settings because you will end up with all kinds of unwanted items. Having to remove ampxsearch.com or similar may be difficult and time-consuming so it is best if you stop them from installing in the first place.
ampxsearch.com will become your homepage and new tabs on all of your browsers. Changes will be made without your permission and you will be unable to undo them unless you first uninstall ampxsearch.com from the computer. Until then, every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, you will be led to ampxsearch.com. A search engine (ampxsearch.com) will be displayed and if you were to use it, you would be redirected to Yahoo. This search engine is useless because if you wanted Yahoo, you can just go directly to that page. There is not need to have some questionable hijacker on your computer. If you were to use it, it may start tracking your browsing sessions and recording information about you. It’s not personal data but rather what sites you visit, your browsing habits, etc. That information would then be sold to third-parties who would use it for their own purposes. We suggest you remove ampxsearch.com.
Table of Contents
ampxsearch.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove ampxsearch.com virus from the browser
First of all, ampxsearch.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by ampxsearch.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and ampxsearch.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that ampxsearch.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove ampxsearch.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed ampxsearch.com!
Video guide on how to remove ampxsearch.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ampxsearch.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.