The Amisites.com is a website that looks like a normal searching service, but in truth it is considered as browser hijacker. This fake search engine claims that it will improve your searching results. Instead, it will display only sponsored links and ads. This behavior makes this website absolutely unhelpful and even dangerous. The developers of the app use this trick for their own purposes of making a profit. It is advised to deal with such threat immediately. Below you may find the detailed instructions how to remove amisites.com.
The Amisites.com uses free software to sneak inside of your system. This is the most common ways of spreading that is called bundling. Developers of malicious programs are wrapping its inside of the installation of another program thus making the bundle. You should be attentive during the install process and pay close attention. You need to read the EULAs and never click Next button before that. If you click on “Quick installations”, you may install lots of unwanted programs and hijackers like amisites.com. Once installed, this infection will promote advertised pages and redirect you to various viral webpages. But the most dangerous potential threat is the data collection. Cyber criminals are able to use such hijackers to collect information on its users.
How to remove Amisites.com hijacker completely?
To sum up, all this behavior categorized as unwanted and dangerous. More than that, if your computer is infected with Amisites.com hijacker, it is highly possible that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we strongly advise you to remove “Amisites.com” hijacker and scan your PC for any other threats that are most likely on it. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections and avoid possible mistakes. Follow the removal guide below for more information.
Removal instruction for Amisites.com browser hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to remove Amisites.com from your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Amisites.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!