ztem.exe problem – How to Delete %appdata%\zema?
ztem.exe process appears in Task Manager after malware penetration. Users often meet suspicious %appdata%\zema folder on their computers despite the fact that its origin is unknown to them. In fact, your computer may face substantial slowness as these hazardous processes exhaust the system.
If you haven’t thought about the ztem.exe malicious process before, check whether your computer has it right now. Look through the Task Manager and right-click on the process if you see it. Selected option can open the %appdata%\zema folder where the process is located. Try manual removing first, and if it will not help, delete the threat automatically with the specially made for this utility.
The appearance of the ztem.exe process in your system is not a coincidence. It is a result of careless online behavior or poor work of the anti-virus software. Be careful with the steps of installation to decreases the risk of penetration or even prevent it by blocking all unwanted objects that are attached to the cost-free utilities. Think twice before clicking on the suspicious links you suddenly see in the popping-up windows. Social networks that your browser can forward you to may also contain malware samples. If there is a gap in the defense, various Trojans, viruses, PUPs and adware can invade the system and start their harmful activities. Increase the level of security with a proven anti-malware tool. The majority of Internet users add it to detect the threat and delete all possible rubbish.
If you keep your defense tools updated (under the condition that you have them on your computer), . the ztem.exe process will not harm your system. Add a special program that has been created to track and delete computer threats. Meet GridinSoft Anti-Malware program that will solve the problem with such threats like you already have.
ztem.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove ztem.exe virus from the browser
First of all, ztem.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by ztem.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and ztem.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that ztem.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove ztem.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed ztem.exe!
Video guide on how to remove ztem.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ztem.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.