Yournotes.info is the name of a deceptive and potentially malicious browser extension and webpage. Browser extensions like Yournotes.info for Google chrome are typically recognized as adware and browser hijackers because once they are installed they will make unwanted modifications to existing internet browser settings without consent of the user. The Yournotes.info browser extension will replace the existing homepage with itself. This will cause affected web browsers to start-up on the webpage when a new browser window is opened. The extension will also change the new tab page and default search engine. When this occurs a new tab page will open on Yournotes.info and web searches via the address bar will redirect to the website.
The website promoted by the Yournotes.info extension contains sponsored search results and advertisements, which is why browser extensions like this are often considered adware. The browser extension is also known to be deceptive and illusive. It may utilize deceptive marketing tactics in order to trick users into installing it. In some cases, the browser extension may be installed without user knowledge and consent.
Once concerning piece of information about the Yournotes.info extension for Google Chrome is that it does not disclose the fact that it will essentially hijack your homepage, new tab page, and default search engine before it is manually installed. Browser extensions contain public permissions which usually list what the browser extension has permission to do once it is installed. The Yournotes.info extension does not disclose that it will change your homepage, new tab page, or search engine. This is likely because no one really wants to download a relatively unknown browser extension that will replace their settings in order to see potentially irrelevant search results from a third-party and suspicious website, or a website with a bad reputation.
Automatic removal tool for Yournotes.info:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Yournotes.info:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Yournotes extension virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Yournotes.info:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: