Your computer has been blocked by United States Courts – scam!
The message that says “Your computer has been blocked” is surely scary to receive, especially when you don’t even expect it to appear and don’t realize it is fake. It is not associated with United States Courts. This is a new ransomware program that is prepared by online hackers, criminals and malware developers to strike many computers in many parts of the world, yet primarily in the United States of America.
The very word “ransom” implies certain amount of money that the crooks want you to pay in their favor. They do it in the following manner. When the ransomware known as “Your computer has been blocked” enters your system it literally accuses you of committing various sorts of crimes, primarily having to do with watching illegal stuff over the Internet. Additionally, you are being accused by the hoax of violating intellectual property rights because of downloading and keeping illegal copies of software and multimedia samples. Whether some person did such things or not – this program is not in the position to condemn or justify him/her. It was developed by online fraudsters who themselves are guilty of things they accuse others of.
Paying funds as a ransom via GreenDot MoneyPak payment system is not the right solution in such case. You will simply lose your money, and there is no guarantee that your PC will be restored and unlocked. We’ve analyzed this ransomware. Please follow the guidelines below that will help you get rid of it and unlock your computer.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.