The Yeadesktop.com is a webpage that looks like normal and legit search engine. If it is on your computer, then it means that your browser is infected with a hijacker. This hijacker page installs along with free software anyone can download from the Internet on various shady and suspicious websites. Fortunately for you, Yeadesktop.com is not malicious by itself and it will not harm your computer directly. Nevertheless, it will change some of your browser’s settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored websites that will appear instead of search results. In addition, it might redirect you on malicious links that are promoting malware masked as something else. This browser hijacker exists for purposes of making a profit from advertisements and collecting information on search queries. The Yeadesktop.com fake search engine will only show you not relevant results mixed with advertisement links. In order to avoid any consequences, we advise you to remove this infection as soon as you will be aware of its presence in your system.
Most users are not paying attention to what they download and install which lead to the installation of unwanted programs and browser hijackers. In the case of Yeadesktop.com hijacker, it most likely was attached to free software and was hidden. Choosing Default installation settings can result in this, by default it has several checkboxes active. When installing software, choose Advanced (Custom) settings. Only there will you be able to reselect items for installation and possible remove suspicious items. Just uncheck the boxes of the bundled items and that will be enough. You can proceed to install the freeware. And if you installed this hijacker, we suggest you uninstall Yeadesktop.com.
After the installation of Yeadesktop.com, it will change some of your browser’s settings. This is typical browser hijacker behavior as they need to do that so that they can redirect you to sponsored pages. You will find that Yeadesktop.com has been set as your homepage and new tabs. It should be noted that the changes are carried out without your explicit permission and cannot be undone unless you first delete Yeadesktop.com. The website offers a search engine, links to fitness related pages, as well as shortcuts to websites like Facebook, Gmail and YouTube. If you use the search engine, you will be given sponsored results among the legitimate ones. It pretends to be Yahoo, but if you look closer, you can see the difference. When dealing with dubious search engines, you need to be careful to not click on a link that could take you to a malicious web page. If you do not want to end up with malware on your computer, we suggest you uninstall Yeadesktop.com.
Step by step instructions how to remove Yeadesktop.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Yeadesktop.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Yeadesktop.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Yeadesktop.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Yeadesktop.com virus from your browser
First of all, Yeadesktop.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Yeadesktop.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Yeadesktop.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Yeadesktop.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.