Search.yahoo.com is a popular search engine, but there are lots of browser hijackers that redirect us to Yahoo home page against our will. Such viruses easily infect you in a very tricky way called bundling. It means that you will get third-party programs along with free software, that you have downloaded. Most antiviruses can’t detect such browser redirect, so you need a special software for this – anti-malware.
Once browser hijackers get installed you will see Search.yahoo.com instead of your homepage and default search engine. It will happen no matter what browser do you use – Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. The main goal of this hijacker is to get money on you. How? It will show sponsored results instead of real ones and fill your screen with ads. The biggest danger of such hijackers is that they collect your personal information to offer you personalized ads.
So, no matter that Search.yahoo.com is a trustful search you can’t let a browser hijacker ruin your system. It is very vulnerable now, so trojans, adware and other malware can easily take control over your PC. Our team recommnds you to remove it right now with a help of this simple tutorial.
Yahoo homepage REDIRECT hijacker removal guide
Step1. How to get rid of Yahoo search from the browser
How to get rid of Yahoo search? First of all, Yahoo homepage changed is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Yahoo search, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your settings are default now and yahoo homepage changed has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that yahoo homepage changed hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Yahoo search traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Yahoo search!
Video on how to remove Yahoo search from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Yahoo homepage changed in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.