WorldonSearch.com is a custom search engine used for advertising that helps the distributors to make some money out of your clicks. WorldonSearch.com is often deceptively installed when you download some freeware and offered as optional modification. If you assume that this kind of optional stuff requires your action for the installation, it might be not true.
The installation is usually automatic unless you block unwanted options before installing freeware bundled with WorldonSearch.com. If you failed, then it will replace your default search engine or homepage. While this software is not malicious, it is better to avoid using Search-armor.com and similar search engines that limit your search and track your browsing habits.
Browser hijackers like WorldonSearch.com replace default search engine and homepage with different custom search engines designed for advertising and promotion. Users of such rogue search engine will get many irrelevant links and see advertising in your web browser. Cyber criminals can use inexpensive promotion for infecting your computer with various malicious programs. It is better to uninstall WorldonSearch.com and remove bundled adware from your computer unless you value its features and ready to assume risks.
Step by step instructions how to remove WorldonSearch.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove WorldonSearch.com virus from the system
First of all, WorldonSearch.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove WorldonSearch.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying WorldonSearch.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove WorldonSearch.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove WorldonSearch.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. WorldonSearch.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with WorldonSearch.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.