Windows Scan stands for a new fake system defragmenter and optimizer that has just been encountered. This is another representative of malicious programs which is, by the way, very irritating tool that can considerably effect your PC if you fail to remove it immediately.
It should be emphasized that it is a direct clone of HDD Scan, Memory Scan, Full Scan and other malwares on which we told you in some of our previously issued newsletters. In spite of the fact that all these programs are named differently, their tricks, their hidden goals and the final results of their malicious activities are always alike – total riot and ongoing performance disorders.
Below please find a short description of how it works: Windows Scan scam gets inside of your PC by means of several tricky downloads that can be made via certain unsecure web-pages. As soon as the download procedure is completed you will encounter some warnings of your PC being infected with various viruses that can only be deleted after buying the full (registered) version of this junkware. Quite annoying is the fact that Windows Scan will not cease to show various popups directed at pushing you into buying it. Needless to say, even if you do this you will still get no aim from its availability inside of your system.
To summarize the aforesaid, you should beyond any doubt keep away from downloading or buying Windows Scan. We strongly urge you to attentively listen to the instructions given below with regard to removal of Windows Scan virus. Once again we say it – Windows Scan must be deleted at once, on the instant.
Windows Scan automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Windows Scan manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Scan files:
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Windows Scan
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Windows Scan\ Windows Scan.lnk
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Windows Scan\Uninstall Windows Scan.lnk
Delete Windows Scan registry entries: