Windows Problems Protector has been recently developed by cyber crooks. Do not be tricked with its attractive design and with its faulty promises to help you remove all detected threats. This all is simply the pack of lies originated by this scam.
Once again we say – Windows Problems Protector is a fake anti-virus that uses the fake Microsoft Security Essentials alerts for its installation. When this junkware is installed on your computer it will present some fabricated MicrosoftSecurity Essentials alert that states that it has detected some Unknown Win32/Trojan on your PC. Then the virus would push you to keep up with the installation process of Windows Problems Protector. You will simply not have any other choice but to press the buttons it tells you to.
This is exactly how the user is forced to click the buttons on the desktop. The virus will then force user to scan the computer, which will initiate a counterfeit scan of the PC that ultimately claims that a particular file is infected with certain Trojan.Horse.Win32.PAV.64.a. It will then force user to install Windows Problems Protector to get rid of the virus.
Therefore, we warn you not to be tricked by it. Windows Problems Protector is just another virus that should be deleted immediately, without loitering. You need to know that its only purpose is to get money from unwary users. This is the only objective why it was developed. Thus, do not tell any private or credit/debit card data to this malicious junkware. Seek aid from a well-known anti-virus program. Below please find the removal guidelines for removal of Windows Problems Protector from your computer once and for all. Good luck and stay safe with us!
Windows Problems Protector automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Attention!!! The video given below shows the removal process of Windows Health Center virus described in one of our previous posts. Please be advised that removal of Windows Problems Protector is similar to the removal procedure shown in this video.
Windows Problems Protector manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Problems Protector files:
Delete Windows Problems Protector registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell “%AppData%\[random].exe”