Windows OS can’t detect a free hard disk space problem
System Fix is the malware known as the fake hard drive defragmenter. Much has already been told about this malware pest, but the sad thing is that the virus still attacks thousands or even millions of computers worldwide. Its aim is to persuade you into purchasing its totally useless and helpless so-called full or commercial version. But before it actually prompts you into buying the hoax program it first scares you considerably. First of all, it presents many fictitious system error messages. One of them states the following: Windows OS can’t detect a free hard disk space problem. Well, one thing we know for sure – System Fix virus cannot do it either. This application is totally useless. It does not know very much about your system in order to fix it. Its developers only developed it for the purpose of deceiving and tricking you. They don’t care at all how to simplify your PC daily routine or to make your system function better. If your computer has been contaminated with this scareware bearing the name of System Fix then, first of all, don’t panic. Remember that all the information presented by this malware is entirely and totally bogus and should not be trusted by you. So, ignore it completely and avoid making any payments for the benefit of its makers. Finally, please follow the removal guidelines provided in the section below. They are meant to assist you in virus removal milestones and get rid of System Fix malady. In addition, there is a great video guide which will render help to you on restoring your hidden and missing data.
It is also strongly recommended that you run Kaspersky TDSS Killer after you’ve run GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
GridinSoft Unhider download link:
GridinSoft Restore download link:
System Fix removal video:
System Fix manual removal:
Delete System Fix files:
- %StartMenu%\Programs\System Fix\
- %StartMenu%\Programs\System Fix\System Fix.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\System Fix\Uninstall System Fix.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\System Fix.lnk
Delete System Fix registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'Yes'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnonBadCertRecving" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop "NoChangingWallPaper" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" =
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ".exe"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ""
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "CheckExeSignatures" = 'no'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedMRU "MRUList"