It goes without saying that Windows Optimal Settings is the next representative of the family of rogue anti-virus programs that are extremely severe in attacking so many PCs nowadays. It should be noted that new names of similar rogues appear at least once a day. Well, this time this rogue is called Windows Optimal Settings.
Be careful and be not deceived – if you trust this rogue, then, instead of optimal settings, you would get a total turmoil with your computer due to the presence of such malware inside or your machine. It penetrates to PC by means of Trojan and other gaps in the system security. Its infiltration is masked by means of imitating some Microsoft Security Essentials Alerts messages. However, they are fake, since Microsoft corporation would never give such an illogical advice to install Windows Optimal Settings virus on your computer. Windows Optimal Settings upon the successful penetration imitates some system scanning. It should again be noted that all such scans are fake, and the reports presented at the end of such scans are far away from the truth. In addition, you would face plenty of irritating popup ads and other messages that would suddenly appear out of nowhere. Finally, you would not be able to use your Internet browser and launch some executables, cause this virus is afraid you would attempt to delete it. Hence, it blocks Internet and makes it available only if you want to buy the full version of this rogue (such offer would come up at the end of each scan).
To summarize the above-mentioned, Windows Optimal Settings’ removal is a must-do thing. Do not postpone this important task, cause Windows Optimal Settings is a virus and may considerably damage your system. Therefore, please have due diligence and remove Windows Optimal Settings virus from your machine. Please pay attention to the removal guidelines provided below, which include both automatic and manual recommendations.
Windows Optimal Settings automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Attention!!! The video given below shows the removal process of Windows Health Center virus described in one of our previous posts. Please be advised that removal of Windows Optimal Settings is similar to the removal procedure shown in this video.
Windows Optimal Settings manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Optimal Settings files:
Delete Windows Optimal Settings registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell “%AppData%\[random].exe”