WindowsFixDisk is a bogus computer analysis and optimization utility that misinforms innocent users in order to frighten them into thinking that their workstation is under menace of damage. WindowsFixDisk is installed with the help of Trojans that display false error notifications and warning alerts on the compromised machine. All such messages will persuade that there are some issues with the computer’s hard drive. Doing these all above mentioned steps they hope to fool the potential victim to download and install WindowsFixDisk that allegedly can eliminate all malfunctions. When the user hits on these messages, WindowsFixDisk l automatically downloads and installs onto the workstation.
After installation, WindowsFixDisk is fabricated to start automatically with every Windows Start up. From this moment WindowsFixDisk commences its harmful activity: displays numerous error messages when the user tries to run programs or delete files. WindowsFixDisk arranges the computer checkup, which finally detects a lot of errors and it possible to fix them on th condition the user buys their commercial version of WindowsFixDisk only. This bogus defragment application states that it is necessary to launch in Safe Mode and then displays a fake Safe Mode background that feigns to defrag the PC. It goes without saying that this program is the rogue application and it worth no trusting. Just ignore it.
At first sight it may look that computer does not function properly, WindowsFixDisk l also arranges things in such way that some folders display no contents. When opening these folders, such as C:\Windows\System32\ or different drive letters, instead of seeing the usual list of files it instead displays a different folder’s contents or makes it as if the folder shows no information. It is fabricated to make it look like there is a corruption on your hard drive that is causing your files to not be shown. WindowsFixDisk does this by adding the +H, or hidden, attribute to all of your files, which causes your files to become hidden. It makes some change of your Windows settings so that you cannot see hidden and system files. So, in order to make the PC works correctly, it is necessary to apply authentic antispyware product. We recommend you to use GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Please, read the removal guidance below.
Windows Fix Disk automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
The procedure of removal of Windows Fix Disk virus is shown in the video below:
Windows Fix Disk modifies your file system in such a manner that all files and folders become hidden. In order to remove this “hidden” attribute users may download the application called Unhider from this site http://trojan-killer.net/download/unhider.exe and run it. File and folder system should be restored back to normal mode.
Windows Fix Disk manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Fix Disk files:
%Desktop%\Windows Fix Disk.lnk
%Programs%\Windows Fix Disk
%Programs%\Windows Fix Disk\Windows Fix Disk.lnk
Delete Windows Fix Disk registry entries: