Windows Active Hotspot virus – how to stop it with taskkill.exe
Windows Active HotSpot scam can be easily stopped with the help of a good command known as taskkill.exe. But remember that the very fact of stopping its process doesn’t yet mean that the virus is removed already. By the way, if you reboot the PC, this hoax will reappear and resurrect itself again. You definitely need to run some powerful security software that will help you eliminate its associated files and registry entries.
Windows Active HotSpot is a fake anti-spyware program that runs fake scans and reports many bogus threats. It then prompts users into buying its fake and helpless license, which is not able to remove real security threats. The peculiarity of this scam is that it blocks launching of many legitimate and necessary programs to help you facilitate its removal process. This relates your browser (all possible Internet browsers), Task Manager, cmd.exe, tasskill.exe command and Registry Editor as well. However, taskkill.exe command is what helps us stop Windows Active HotSpot rogue. Yet, there’s a trick how to run it in spite of the blockage of this hoax. Please follow the tips below. Remember that after you’ve succeeded to terminate Windows Active Hotspot you still need to delete it by running our recommended security program – GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Windows Active Hotspot automatic remover:
Windows Active Hotspot removal steps:
- Wait until Windows Active Hotspot completes its bogus scan. To remove the blockage of your Desktop with this rogue click “Settings” and place a checkmark on “Allow unprotected startup“:
- Shut down the window of Windows Active Hotspot rogue antivirus and ignore all its pop-up windows, like this one:
- Click “OK“.
- Open cmd.exe command ad explained below – Start – All programs – Accessories – Commant Prompt:
- Note that you should open cmd.exe command as Administrator in Windows by right-clicking “cmd.exe” and selecting such option.
- Type this command in cmd.exe opened as Administrator – taskkill /IM guard* and press “Enter“:
- You will get the confirmation of Windows Active Hotspot process terminated successfully:
- Now download Trojan Killer, install it and run scan with it. Click “Apply” at the end of scan.