Win Scanner virus. How to remove Win Scanner rogue system optimizer
Win Scanner (also in some cases known as WinScanner) is nothing but another malware that is extremely risky to have on your machine. It was developed by cyber criminals as a system optimizer but the truth is that it only pretends to be such useful device.
Win Scanner originates from the same scareware family as its “mate” called Scan Disk. Win Scanner presents bogus scan results in order to convince you that some security problems and hard drive errors have been identified on your workstation. One of the most common pop-ups of Win Scanner is a notice about hard drive missing. Thus, Win Scanner tries to trick you by this horrifying information and to push you into searching for a remedy for removal of identified problems. This malicious fake system optimizer may also state that you have RAM memory problems and critically high CPU temperature. Whatever the real situation with your PC is, Win Scanner always claims that there’s something really bad with your system and then offers you to run defragmentation and have other important things done.
Needless to say, it will recommend you to purchase Win Scanner full version for such aim. At the same time, Win Scanner will not even create the impression to help you until you purchase its license. This is the main trick of the day. All efforts made by Win Scanner are fully aimed at convincing you into buying its licensed version. You need to refrain from doing so and not let Win Scanner frighten you. No matter how persuasive it might be, do not believe anything it tells you. Win Scanner was elaborated to take advantage of unaware PC users and to trick them. We hope you will not be among them. Remove this virus right now.
Win Scanner automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Win Scanner manual removal guide:
Delete Win Scanner files:
%Programs%\Win Scanner\Win Scanner.lnk
%Programs%\Win Scanner\Uninstall Win Scanner.lnk
Delete Win Scanner registry entries: