Win Disk scam. How to get rid of Win Disk fake system optimizer
The team of GridinSoft software developers seriously urges you of appearance of another PC pest. Now it is called Win Disk. It should be mentioned that the results of its evil activity are really disturbing. Due to its presence you are losing control over your computer to some degree, you cannot use it like you normally do, you are being annoyed with plenty of silly messages generated by Win Disk virus and by inability to use your browser and go to the desired Web pages. The sections below give more detailed information of Win Disk scareware.
Win Disk is nothing but fake computer analysis and optimization program that states a bunch of lies regarding computers – all in order to convince you as if there is a real problem with your workstation. It should be noted that Win Disk is not installed like most of decent programs. It is “invited” inside of your machine by Trojans that use available system vulnerabilities and then show bogus error notices and security warnings on the compromised machine. All of them would state that there is something really bad with the hard drive of your computer and then the scan window offers you to install a kind of solution that can repair the errors. Remember that as soon as you click on these ads Win Disk installation files will penetrate inside and thus this rogue will be installed on your computer.
Upon its successful penetration Win Disk will be set up in such a way that it will be started automatically with every Windows login. This is another feature of virus program. As soon as this scam application is launched it will show various kinds of error notices when you try to launch programs or remove some specific files. Win Disk will later on offer you to scan your computer. During this imitated scan many false errors would be identified. At the same time, the program would say that you cannot fix all identified problems if you do not purchase this malicious program. Well, this trick is a typical feature of rogue applications, so you should not trust its such unusual claims to be the only removal solution.
To make the long story short, Win Disk is a fake system tool that should be removed at once. Hence, do not even think of buying this scam and make preparations for its removal immediately. Below you can get the guidelines for its removal – both manual and automatic ones.
Win Disk automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Win Disk manual removal guide:
Delete Win Disk files:
%Programs%\Win Disk\Win Disk.lnk
%Programs%\Win Disk\Uninstall Win Disk.lnk
Delete Win Disk registry entries: