Win 8 Security System step-by-step removal instructions
Win 8 Security System is absolutely new PC threat. It fills the cell in the category of fake anti-virus programs. The developers of this program intent to enrich themselves by selling its dangerous software. They reach their purpose by persuading the potential victims into believing that their computers are seriously contaminated with multiple unwanted tools which are potentially risky.
The malware does not wait for your permission to enter into the computer. Win 8 Security System squeezes into the targeted platform by means of Trojans or via some other security leakages. The process of infection can be carried out while downloading any information from suspicious recourses. The virus has prepared baits everywhere on the Internet. Upon reaching the targeted PC, it initiates fake system revision and displays imagined scanning reports. The parasite declares to find multiple potentially insecure items inside the compromised system. It offers itself as almighty removal solution for fixing above mentioned bugs. If one tries to remove the threats, he\she will automatically diverted to the page you will be asked to pay a certain amount of money first. Do not hurry to do it. Trojan Killer anti-malware Lab has analyzed this program by running it on the testing computer and got bad results. It allegedly detects several hundreds of threats on absolutely clean computer. This tool absolutely useless app, it cannot help you in virus detecting and removal. Disregard all warning notifications and alerts generated by this badware. You should remove this computer threat without lingering. We have prepared the removal guide that contains both manual and automatic removal solutions.
The virus causes the malicious registry entries and files.
Win 8 Security System files
%DESKTOPDIR%\Buy Win 8 Security System.lnk
In XP %LOCALAPPDATA%=%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data
In Win7 %LOCALAPPDATA%=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local
%STARTMENU%\Programs\Win 8 Security System\Buy Win 8 Security System.lnk
%STARTMENU%\Programs\Win 8 Security System\Launch Win 8 Security System.lnk
Win 8 Security System registry entries
The parameter HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[rnd].exe
The parameter HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D\MostRecentApplication\Name
To terminate the malicious activity of Win 8 Security System rogue, the next steps should be carefully done:
- You need to download and run Kaspersky’s TDSS Killer. Here is the download link for it – http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe
- Launch TDSSKiller, scan your system, select the option Delete for the file: %windir%\system32\drivers\[rnd].sys
You will be asked to restart your PC. Do it (see point 3).
- Attention!!! You should launch your PC in the Safe mode. Press F8 button with non-stop clicking while the very process of rebooting. In the window that appeared select “Safe mode” option and press Enter. Important!!! If not to launch PC in the safe mode the virus will be active again and you should repeat all steps from the beginning.
- Click the combination: WIN+R. Enter regedit.exe in the appeared field. By means of registry editors remove the parameter HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[rnd].exe
- Remove the virus file: %LOCALAPPDATA%\[rnd].exe
- Launch your PC in the normal mode.
- Remove the folder with virus shortcuts %STARTMENU%\Programs\Win 8 Security System
- Remove the virus shortcut from the desktop.
- You should install GridinSoft Trojan Killer and run full scan with it. Make sure to update the program before you run it. Then, when the scan has been completed, remove all infections it finds and reboot your system. If you have difficulties deleting this virus please contact us via support channels available at this site.