QQProtcet.exe is a popular threat nowadays. Bitcoin, Monero, DarkNetCoin, and others face the risks. Nobody knows who can be next as the disruptor hides itself till the last. However, there are some symptoms which indicate the system is not clean anymore. Several of such signs you may read further. Malicious software is found of something it can profitably use. As a rule, there always something we don’t want to share with others in our PCs. Don’t be upset too early, we are going to help you in solving this problem.
First of all, let’s understand how QQProtcet.exe penetrated your PC. We guess that mindless installation was the reason of that. If you download software without paying attention what exactly gets to your system, you are the potential owner of malware. There are EULAs (End User License Agreements) which honestly tell you about all items being installed. Spend several minutes on reading them, and you automatically decrease the risks. The other problem takes place when already existing anti-virus utility is weak enough to protect the system, it can permit malware installation without problems. You need reliable software that is able to control what you install.
Computer threat like QQProtcet.exe starts using most part of the CPU’s power for own needs without your permission. Once being installed, miner affects the PC performance and slows down current processes. Computer game players tend to see the worsening first as their favourite games start stuttering and freezing. QQProtcet.exe spends computer’s power for its own benefits, that’s why other programs fail to work properly. Eventually, you will get your CPU exhausted as it is constantly overheating more than usually. No doubt, you are not ready to change the CPU all the time trojans penetrate your system. So, you will need an effective solution against malware to prevent the death of your computer.
You can be sure you have QQProtcet.exe Miner Trojan in your system if the main symptoms (CPU power usage, freezings, slow performance) take place. So, we offer you to try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool in action. It is a kind of scanner that can help with different kinds of threats like Trojans, viruses, potentially unwanted apps, spyware, adware, etc.
QQProtcet.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove QQProtcet.exe virus from the browser
First of all, QQProtcet.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by QQProtcet.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and QQProtcet.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that QQProtcet.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove QQProtcet.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed QQProtcet.exe!
Video guide on how to remove QQProtcet.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with QQProtcet.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.