master.exe is a modern threat for digital currency. Owners of Bitcoin, Monero, and DarkNetCoin should be alert. People will have no clue till the last moment. The threat does its best to compromise the system discreetly and hide somewhere you cannot find. However, it is going to impair the normal functionality of the system at once. All your important data is target for malicious software. Once, the idea to throw your computer will spring to you as to work with this one will be impossible. However, there is software that can stop this and protect your privacy.
First of all, let’s understand how master.exe penetrated your PC. We guess that mindless installation was the reason of that. If you download software without paying attention what exactly gets to your system, you are the potential owner of malware. There are EULAs (End User License Agreements) which honestly tell you about all items being installed. Spend several minutes on reading them, and you automatically decrease the risks. The other problem takes place when already existing anti-virus utility is weak enough to protect the system, it can permit malware installation without problems. You need reliable software that is able to control what you install.
master.exe adware worth being deleted. Its activities have a purpose to infect the computer and exhaust it. Losing CPU’s power for unknown needs, showing you a bunch of pop-ups, stealing vital data are the consequences of its work. And you should know that computer threats may handle your traffic and keystrokes till the time you would like to stop it. Now, when you are ready for substantial changes, we offer you to try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool in action. You will be shocked how fast it removes unwanted issues and improves the situation.
master.exe can harm through:
- Wasting the CPU power and shortening its life.
- Loading process becomes extremely long.
- Launching doesn’t come to the end.
- Confusing anti-virus and installing unwanted programs.
master.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove master.exe virus from the browser
First of all, master.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by master.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and master.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that master.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove master.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed master.exe!
Video guide on how to remove master.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with master.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.