Why does Crofx.exe load CPU? How to delete Crofx.exe trojan?
Crofx.exe is a Trojan that hijacks computers to extract bitcoins using graphic and central processors. It haunts for Bitcoin, Monero, DarkNetCoin, and other crypto investments. This Trojan can perfectly confuse users about its presence for a long time. Hackers do their best to spread this malicious program in the Web and penetrate many the systems. If so called Bitcoin virus appears on the device, it starts mining digital currency secretly and deceives the owners about its presence. To eliminate the Crofx.exe Bitcoin Miner, look through the short removal guide below.
Crofx.exe trojan appears with the programs you get as free on the Internet. Then, people notice that their computers start running worse. Still, they don’t understand what is the reason. And the reason is in the adware that found a gap in your security. A common case for users to install software without reading agreements. It takes time, there is always something more interesting, and therefore users ignore this important step. As a result, they receive unwanted application together with the desirable utility. Your personal data will suffer first of all, you might find it in the unexpected place. That’s when people begin searching for the solution.
Stuff like the Crofx.exe starts using 70% or even more of the CPU’s power for own purposes without your direct wish. After the installation, miners tend to slow down your computer. Those, who play computer games, will suffer from their stuttering and freezing. That happens because Crofx.exe spends computer’s power for its own benefits. All-in-all, you will find your computer exhausted as it is going to heat more than usually. It goes without saying, you don’t have a wish to change your CPU ahead of time. But hot temperatures result untimely death of your computer.
Crofx.exe leads to next symptoms:
- The usage of CPU and graphics cards jumps up significantly via the Crofx.exe process.
- Web browsing session goes not so fast as it used to be.
- Time for programs’ launch grows.
- Your PC performs badly.
Crofx.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Crofx.exe virus from the browser
First of all, Crofx.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Crofx.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Crofx.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Crofx.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Crofx.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Crofx.exe!
Video guide on how to remove Crofx.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Crofx.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.