What to do with Quick Speedup 2018 PUP?
Users often do not know that Quick Speedup 2018 notifications appear because of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) which penetrates the system. We classify PUPs as useless and unwanted to be in the system. That is why we strongly recommend deleting this potentially unwanted application as soon as possible.
The behavior of Quick Speedup 2018 application can be unpredictable as this malware is able to hit browser with a bunch of pop-ups, make redirections to the random sites with suspicious or useless for Internet visitors content and it can even steal sensitive information. After the period of malware presence, hackers may exploit the situation and get access to the whole system.
The Quick Speedup 2018 malware takes CPU power for own needs, this leads to endless overheating of the processor and strange noise it can make. It goes without saying that Internet speed and operation efficiency turn bad. We strongly recommend automatic uninstallation to prevent PUP return. In the future, you will have to be really careful with installation of the cost-free utilities that may contain malware-samples.
The Quick Speedup 2018 potentially unwanted application needs your urgent reaction. You will be able to eliminate it with the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To make the task easier, we created the removal guide you see below.
Quick Speedup 2018 removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Quick Speedup 2018 virus from the browser
First of all, Quick Speedup 2018 is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Quick Speedup 2018, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Quick Speedup 2018 has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Quick Speedup 2018 hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Quick Speedup 2018 traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Quick Speedup 2018!
Video guide on how to remove Quick Speedup 2018 from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Quick Speedup 2018 in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.