We regret to notify you of another fake program that is very unmerciful towards affected PCs. Its name is Windows Safety Protection. Please be not deceived with it… It has nothing to do with safety or protection of your computer. On the contrary, it brings total mess and further destruction of your PC (if you fail to remove it immediately).
This program uses lots of fake Microsoft Security Essentials alerts for its distribution. And it installs itself in such a manner that this will be done without your consent. You will simply have to do what it says… Once installed it will initiate fake scan that will state your system is compromised with plenty of infections. In order to get back your normal Windows screen, you should shut down the Windows Safety Protection window when it finishes its bogus scan. Hence, this device is a deceiving once and was developed for stealing money from you. This is why it wants to persuade you to buy it. Needless to mention, you should not even think of purchasing this junk.
To make the long story short, Windows Safety Protection must be deleted at once, upon the very first encounter. Otherwise you will really be sorry for your failure to do so on time. You may refer to either automatic or manual removal guidelines provided below.
Windows Safety Protection automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Attention!!! The video given below shows the removal process of Windows Health Center virus described in one of our previous posts. Please be advised that removal of Windows Safety Protection is similar to the removal procedure shown in this video.
Windows Safety Protection manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Safety Protection files:
Delete Windows Safety Protection registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell “%AppData%\[random].exe”