What is Windows Privacy Agent? How to remove Windows Privacy Agent virus
Cyber criminals have already fabricated new product. We feel it is our duty to warn you about such serious problem which can danger the security of your machine. It`s called Windows Privacy Agent. This is a malicious tool which usually works in the following manner. First they send you a message that your machine is swarming with viruses. And then they offer to scan with this rogue antivirus program bearing the name of Windows Privacy Agent. The main aim of its producer is getting money from you.
Once after one`s thoughtless click Windows Privacy Agent infiltrates into your machine and installs itself. This malware has such peculiarity as installation without permission. After such false scanning Windows Privacy Agent misinform you about bad state of your PC and of course they offer you to buy its full version in order to help you to deal with your problem and remove all detected trojans.
Unfortunately, such program is just a fake one which can cause serious damage of your computer. It’s just a trick reckoned on unwary computer users. They get money from you without giving you anything in return. We insistently recommend you to get rid of Windows Privacy Agent from your computer as soon as possible and download antispyware program which can provide you solid protection of your machine. If you have notice some unwanted guests in your PC you should take measures. You can get rid of your problem by following the guide supplied below. We offer you a choice between manual and automated computer cleaning. The method you select is up to you.
Windows Privacy Agent automatic remover:
Before downloading and running GridinSoft Trojan Killer for removal of Windows Privacy Agent several additional preparatory steps need to be done. This is necesary, because Windows Privacy Agent blocks your Internet connection, and you will not be able to run GridinSoft Trojan Killer. In order to prevent this blockage please take the following sequence of steps:
1. Make sure that your Operating System is tuned up in such a mode that hidden files and folders of your PC are viewable. The instruction on how to do it can be found here for Windows XP and here for Windows Vista/7.
2. Choose “View” tab in the window that appeared, and in the advanced settings choose the option “Show hidden files and folders”. Press OK.
3. Go to the folder %User Profile%\Application Data.
Important! Depending on the Operating System of your computer, %UserProfile% stands for C:\Documents and Settings\[Current User] for Windows XP and C:\Users\[Current User] for Windows Vista/7.
In other words, the folder that should be opened is as follows, depending on the operating system:
%SysDrive%Documents and Settings[Current User]Application Data for Windows XP
%SysDrive%Users[Current User]Application Data for Windows Vista/7.
In this folder there will be the main executable file of Windows Privacy Agent, having some random name.
4. Rename the above-mentioned executable file into some other name of your choice and restart your computer. Upon the system restart Windows Privacy Agent will no longer block your Internet browser.
5. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to your infected computer, install it and run it.
Windows Privacy Agent manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Privacy Agent files:
Delete Windows Privacy Agent registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell “%AppData%\[random].exe”