Please be advised of Win Scan – this is a fake PC analysis and optimization tool that shows fictitious information in order to frighten users into thinking that there is a serious problem with his/her computer. Win Scan generally penetrates to PCs by means of Trojans that show fake error messages and security notifications on the compromised PC. These notifications will claim that there is something going really wrong with your PC’s hard drive and then offers you to download and install a tool that can supposedly repair the problem. When you click on one of such alerts Win Scan will then immediately be downloaded and installed onto your system.
Soon upon installation Win Scan will be tuned up in such a mode that it will be launched automatically when you launch Windows. As soon as it is started it will shown various error messages when you try to launch some applications or remove files. Win Scan will then offer you to scan your PC, which will then supposedly detect plenty of problems that it claims it cannot repair until you buy the junkware. When you use the so-called defragmenter tool it will indicate that it should be run in Safe Mode and then reveal a fabricated Safe Mode background that claims to defrag your PC. As this tool is a scam do not be scared into buying the rogue when you see its fake error notifications. In order to make its deceptive claims sound more persuasively, Win Scan will also make it so that some folders on your PC show no contents. While opening these folders instead of seeing the normal list of files it will instead show a different folder’s contents or make it seem as if the folder is totally empty. This is all done in order to make it seem like your hard drive is corrupted, causing your files to not be revealed. Win Scan also tries to make it so you cannot launch any tools on your PC. If you try to launch a program it will stop it and claim that the application or hard drive is corrupted. It does this to protect itself from decent anti-virus tools you may try to run in order to get rid of Win Scan virus.
As you can see, the notifications presented by this tool are all fake and should not be trusted at all. Thus, do not buy Win Scan and take all necessary measures in order to remove Win Scan virus from your system. We hope the below-given removal guide will be beneficial to you in order to get rid of Win Scan virus.
Win Scan automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Win Scan manual removal guide:
Delete Win Scan files:
Delete Win Scan registry entries: