WestCel or WestCel is a deceptive extension for Chrome that appears to be useful. It can be added on Web browser even without user’s consent. WestCel was not listed as virus. Yet, since it uses unfair ways of distribution and holds some strange behaviors, then it is just right to be flagged as an adware.
WestCel appears to be widely spread through bundled software. Instead of merely installing your chosen program, you may be surprised with the inclusion of WestCel. Once installed, you may notice odd functions of your web browser and computer as well. WestCel may replace your default home page and new tab. Ads may randomly appear on every web site you visit. It also shows some links that connects to promoter’s web site. WestCel adware indeed makes your online experience ruined. This is for a fact that its real aim is to gain earnings through online advertising.
WestCel is all about endorsing products and services online. It is just like all other adware that offer useful tools just to entice users. Yet in real, it does not add any single value to let your computer free of viruses and always protected. All you gain from this nasty program is unwanted browser redirects and too much display of online ads. More so, its presence may only lead to add up other adware, malware, and other threats into your system. After finding out that WestCel adware is the root of all issues, then there is no more reason not to remove it. We provided steps on how to fully remove this adware.
Step by step instructions how to remove WestCel virus.
STEP 1. Remove WestCel virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove WestCel virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying WestCel browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove WestCel virus from your browser
First of all, WestCel is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove WestCel from your system completaly:
STEP 3. WestCel prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with WestCel virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.