Webofsearch.com is dubious web site that sneaks into the computer and forces to gain control over your Web browser. Webofsearch.com can be set as your home page and new tab page even without your approval. This program was designed to be intrusive, thus, its arrival is often unknown to PC users.
In contrast to its claim of giving useful functions, Webofsearch.com may disrupt and upset users while they surf online. It causes browser redirect to unknown web sites. Webofsearch.com releases ads that may have links to vicious web pages and harmful web contents. As a result, this may increase chances of getting kinds of malicious software that could deeply infect your machine. Take note that gaining more profit is the real aim of Webofsearch.com. So don’t be surprised if your online surfing would be filled with strange display of ads and unwanted redirects. Adware author do exploit this program to promote online ads in order to profit from this scheme.
While Webofsearch.com is still running onto your system, chances are you may get other form of adware and sorts of online threats. And while you are using resources from this unknown search engine, expect that your privacy may also drag at risk. Cyber crooks exploit this adware to collect all details about PC user’s online routine. In some case, gathered data was not only used for marketing scheme. But it also leads to more serious issue like identity theft.
Trying to control your browser and your PC is without doubt not possible while Webofsearch.com still exist. Getting rid of this malware is all you need to do to bring back the normal functions of your system.
webofsearch.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove webofsearch.com page from the browser
First of all, webofsearch.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by webofsearch.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and webofsearch.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that webofsearch.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove webofsearch.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed webofsearch.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with webofsearch.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.