WebCrawler.com fake search removal
The WebCrawler.com is a webpage that looks like normal and legit search engine. If it is on your computer, then it means that your browser is infected with a hijacker. This hijacker page installs along with free software anyone can download from the Internet on various shady and suspicious websites. Fortunately for you, WebCrawler.com is not malicious by itself and it will not harm your computer directly. Nevertheless, it will change some of your browser’s settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored websites that will appear instead of search results. In addition, it might redirect you on malicious links that are promoting malware masked as something else. This browser hijacker exists for purposes of making a profit from advertisements and collecting information on search queries.
The WebCrawler.com fake search engine will only show you not relevant results mixed with advertisement links. In order to avoid any consequences, we advise you to remove this infection as soon as you will be aware of its presence in your system.
Most users are not paying attention to what they download and install which lead to the installation of unwanted programs and browser hijackers. In the case of WebCrawler.com hijacker, it most likely was attached to free software and was hidden. Choosing Default installation settings can result in this, by default it has several checkboxes active. When installing software, choose Advanced (Custom) settings. Only there will you be able to reselect items for installation and possible remove suspicious items. Just uncheck the boxes of the bundled items and that will be enough. You can proceed to install the freeware. And if you installed this hijacker, we suggest you uninstall WebCrawler.com.
Step by step instructions how to remove WebCrawler.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove WebCrawler.com virus from the system
First of all, WebCrawler.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove WebCrawler.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying WebCrawler.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove WebCrawler.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove WebCrawler.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. WebCrawler.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with WebCrawler.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.