WebCompanionInstaller potentially unwanted application. How to get rid of WebCompanionInstaller?
WebCompanionInstaller application appears without any reasons and confuses users with own presence on the computer. This software is not absolutely illegal as users permit the installation of such software themselves. This item leads to negative consequences that spoil normal functioning of the device and does not allow to surf the Internet without irritation. Use our short guide you see below to do everything successfully.
WebCompanionInstaller potentially unwanted application (PUP) behaves rude being in the computer. It can generate constant adverts in your browser. The appearance of this particular software weakens the security and has negative effect on the system. After not long period, hackers will exploit the situation and get access to your system. That is why it is mandatory to delete the source of the threat before this happens.
WebCompanionInstaller PUP can take control over the computer and transfer personal information about Internet usage to the vendors and advertisers. This is not only unpleasant to know that you lose your private details but really dangerous. General performance also slows down and falls as the potentially unwanted application we are talking about slows the capacity of CPU and Internet speed. But the worst thing is that the chance to lose your privacy is rather high. Be careful with installation of new software, in most cases malware samples are bundled tools that users accidentally obtain.
Last but not the least, the scariest thing is that WebCompanionInstaller can steal your privacy or your registration information serving as a key to your credit card, e-bank or any other financial account. Without your consent, thousands of money will be stolen as well. We will never recommend you keep this adware. Therefore, we provide you the removal guide as follows.
WebCompanionInstaller removal guide
STEP 1. Remove WebCompanionInstaller virus from the browser
First of all, WebCompanionInstaller is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by WebCompanionInstaller, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and WebCompanionInstaller has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that WebCompanionInstaller hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove WebCompanionInstaller traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed WebCompanionInstaller!
Video guide on how to remove WebCompanionInstaller from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with WebCompanionInstaller in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.