If you visit this page, then your browser infected with Google Chrome Warning Alert Scam called Error # 0x80072ee7 and we won’t tell you how its annoying to see it every time you go online. This scam message was created to trick the users and force them to call “1-800-953-457” or “0-800-090-3913” support system. As soon as a user call the support he offered to purchase the protection from virus threat, but even if user buy anything this fake message won’t go anywhere. You still will see this annoying pop up every time you go online. Never trust to alike messages and especially sent money to them, there are no guarantee that this “support” will help you anyway.
Such rogue apps employ a deceptive software marketing method called “bundling” to infiltrate Internet browser. Often you can notice Error # 0x80072ee7 after you download (and install) free program from the suspicious sites. Most viruses of this kind have bundled with other free software, so never allow install such program with “Custom” options. Always check “Advanced” option, so you can cancel installations of unwanted programs. This alert has following message:
** Microsoft Warning Alert **
Malicious Pornographic Spyware/Riskware Detected
Error # 0x80072ee7
Please call us immediately at: 1-800-953-457. Do not ignore this critical alert.If you close this page, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.Your computer has alerted us that it has been infected with a Pornographic Spyware and riskware.
The following information is being stolen…
Financial Data, Facebook Logins, Credit Card Details, Email Account Logins, Photos stored on this computer
You must contact us immediately so that our expert engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone to protect your identity. Please call us within the next 5 minutes to prevent your computer from being disabled or from any information loss. Toll Free: 1-800-953-457
So after Error # 0x80072ee7 become part of your system it will bring many changes into your computer. You will see Error # 0x80072ee7 every time you open the browser and like many user report you can’t even easily close it because this virus will open full screen mode what make almost impossible to close it. Many alike viruses can steal some of your private information, that’s why we highly recommend to remove Error # 0x80072ee7 from your computer as fast as possible!
Error # 0x80072ee7 hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Error # 0x80072ee7 page from the browser
First of all, Error # 0x80072ee7 is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Error # 0x80072ee7, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Error # 0x80072ee7 has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Error # 0x80072ee7 hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Error # 0x80072ee7 traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Error # 0x80072ee7!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Error # 0x80072ee7 in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.