Pectit.info is an untrustworthy application that out system security lab has categorized as an adware infection since it works as a rogue promoting program that brings difficulty for victims internet-browsing and raise potential danger to users’ security. Pectit.info redirect virus is mainly distribute through software bundles. It will come into your system together with other unknown programs and even some suspicious applications. Thus, if you wish to block irritating adverts by Pectit.info redirect virus, you should also find and uninstall all related infections.
After Pectit.info redirect virus infects your internet browser, it basically uses some tracking skills to gather your computer data and some data about you, such as browsed sites, search terms, favorite sites, IP address and application version. Based on these data, Pectit.info redirect virus its partners customize advertisements to attract your hit and drive to sales. These advertisements not only show on online shopping websites, but also other regular sites, then you will be annoyed by commercial coupons, offers and discounts almost on each site.
Pectit.info redirect virus usually develops spam pop-up ads about application update or malware warning to cheat you purchase rogue ware and phony tech online service offered by online scammers. It’s better not to hit Pectit.info redirect virus, thus you can evade more issues. So, it is advised that uninstall Pectit.info as early as possible once it has been found.
Pectit.info hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Pectit.info page from the browser
First of all, Pectit.info is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Pectit.info, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Pectit.info has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Pectit.info hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Pectit.info traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Pectit.info!
Video guide on how to remove Pectit.info from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Pectit.info in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.