“Warning! The site you are attempting to view may harm your computer” is a fake alert associated with a rogue antispyware program called Antivirus Security Pro. This alert comes up whenever you attempt to visit any legitimate site through your browser that is set by default. The rogue antispyware program is simply afraid you will find and download programs that will help you remove it. This is why it creates all kinds of obstacles that prevent users from deleting Antivirus Security Pro.
This is how this fake alerts looks like and what exactly it states:
Warning! The site you are attempting to view may harm your computer! You current security settings put your computer at risk!
Activate Antivirus Security Pro and enable safe web surfing (recommended). Ignore warnings and visit that site is the current state (not recommended)”
Without a doubt, you must ignore this fake alert and click the option to ignore all such scary warnings of this fake antivirus. But the problem will remain, and most probably you will not be able to use your browser for downloading the software that will help you remove this virus from your computer. In order to bypass this blockage on the part of the rogue please follow our removal instructions below.
Screenshot of fake Antivirus Security Pro alert:
Antivirus Security Pro removal instructions:
- Open “My Computer” (Windows Explorer).
- In the address field insert http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/explorer.exe and hit “Enter” key.
- Save “explorer.exe” to your Desktop or elsewhere.
- Run “explorer.exe“.
- In the empty field type “Antivirus Security” and click “Scan“.
- Give your permission to kill the process of Antivirus Security Pro process.
- Visit the site http://trojan-killer.net to download GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- Install it and scan your PC with the program.
- Remove all infections found.
Software necessary for complete removal of Antivirus Security Pro rogue:
Alternative removal solution:
- Right-click the desktop icon of Attentive Antivirus and click “Properties“
- Click “Find target“.
- You will see the file serv. Right-click it and select “Edit“.
- In the Notepad document that opened find the very last entry. You will need to replace “add” with “delete” and “HKLM” with “HKCU“.
- Run Explorer by clicking Win+E.
- Go to the folder –> C:\\Windows\\system32
- Copy cmd.exe and transfer it to your desktop.
- Rename cmd.exe into explorer.exe.
- Run from the desktop renamed file cmd.exe (now explorer.exe).
- In the opened window type these 2 commands step-by-step:
- When the system asks questions after you press Enter you should press Y and hit Enter again (the system asks whether you indeed would like to remove these entries.
- Restart your PC now.
- Scan your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to remove the infection completely.
These 2 commands must be added:
reg delete “HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run” /v AS2014
reg delete “HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run” /v AS2014
Manual removal tips:
Associated registry entry: