‘Warning! Infected file detected‘ is a scary notification that is peculiar to a new rogue that is called Antivirus Security Pro. In fact, there are certain applications that belong to Win32/Winwebsec virus family. They generally appear at some appointed times, and they most commonly look pretty much alike. These are the rogues that have the only goal so far – to convince users to buy their fake licensed or so-called registered version as a supposed remedy for removal of fake threats detected during the fake scans arranged periodically. Antivirus Security Pro infection is just one of them.
Once this scam is actually implanted into infected computer the malware starts annoying users with plenty of fictitious messages, such as this one:
Warning! Infected file detected.
Suspicious activity detected in the application chrome.exe similar to the behavior of the virus Win32/Confilcker.X. For your security and to avoid loss of data, the operation of application chrome.exe has been temporarily restricted. To restore the application’s full operation, you must use the full edition of Antivirus Security Pro.
As we’ve said already, the contents of all such notifications is quite scary, nevertheless, the information contained in all of them is totally misleading, bogus and does not coincide with the truth. This is why the only logical and correct solution in this case is to first ignore these deceitful statements and then to delete this malware using the reliable anti-virus program recommended in this blog. So, why don’t you try to get rid of all types of infections with its help? Please follow the removal guide below.
Antivirus Security Pro removal instructions:
- Open “My Computer” (Windows Explorer).
- In the address field insert http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/explorer.exe and hit “Enter” key.
- Save “explorer.exe” to your Desktop or elsewhere.
- Run “explorer.exe“.
- In the empty field type “Antivirus Security” and click “Scan“.
- Give your permission to kill the process of Antivirus Security Pro process.
- Visit the site http://trojan-killer.net to download GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- Install it and scan your PC with the program.
- Remove all infections found.
Software necessary for complete removal of Antivirus Security Pro rogue:
Alternative removal solution:
- Right-click the desktop icon of Attentive Antivirus and click “Properties“
- Click “Find target“.
- You will see the file serv. Right-click it and select “Edit“.
- In the Notepad document that opened find the very last entry. You will need to replace “add” with “delete” and “HKLM” with “HKCU“.
- Run Explorer by clicking Win+E.
- Go to the folder –> C:\\Windows\\system32
- Copy cmd.exe and transfer it to your desktop.
- Rename cmd.exe into explorer.exe.
- Run from the desktop renamed file cmd.exe (now explorer.exe).
- In the opened window type these 2 commands step-by-step:
- When the system asks questions after you press Enter you should press Y and hit Enter again (the system asks whether you indeed would like to remove these entries.
- Restart your PC now.
- Scan your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to remove the infection completely.
These 2 commands must be added:
reg delete “HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run” /v AS2014
reg delete “HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run” /v AS2014
Manual removal tips:
Associated registry entry: