vmp.exe problem – How to Delete TEMP?
vmp.exe in Task Manager is worth your closer attention. This process has been started by malicious application that penetrated the system and created TEMP folder somewhere on your PC. Certain process provokes a slot of pop-ups in the browser and often redirects users to random sites.
Click right on vmp.exe in your Task Manager to find the location of the TEMP folder where the process we are talking about takes place. It will be impossible to delete this computer threat manually, follow the instruction to know how to deal with it.
The vmp.exe malicious process hides deep in the background where it can use other processes to stay in the system secretly and prevent own detection. You could definitely download such malware object failing to read the installation guidelines that are the EULAs (End User License Agreements). What can help you is a malware-removal utility able to detect and delete computer threats.
You can eliminate vmp.exe malware with a powerful cleaner. It will remove all rubbish and keep the system clean. Follow the information in the steps provided in the rest of the article to make your computer clean and malware-free.
vmp.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove vmp.exe virus from the browser
First of all, vmp.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by vmp.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and vmp.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that vmp.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove vmp.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed vmp.exe!
Video guide on how to remove vmp.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with vmp.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.