Specialists call VMola the ransomware. In most cases, this threat sneaks onto computers without permission and then starts performing its activities. It seems that the main reason of this ransomware is to extort money from users, so it will lock all the files and then will ask to pay a particular sum of money.
It is really unclear whether VMola cyber criminals will unlock files after a user pays a particular sum of money, so users should know that they make payments at their own risk. If you do not want to make a payment and can restore your files from a backup, you should still remove VMola ransomware from your system because it will keep working on your system and might encrypt all the files once again. Unfortunately, it is a really hard task to delete VMola ransomware, so we want to help you.
Once VMola ransomware enters the system, it immediately locks files (mainly those that have the following extensions: .doc, .docx, .txt, .xml, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf, .jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp, .cdr, .mp3, .avi, .mp4, .mpg, and .wmv) and adds the following lines to each of them: (!! to get password email id to VMola !!).exe. This email is provided not without a reason. Specialists say that it is shown in order to encourage users to contact cyber criminals via it. They will send further instructions, e.g. the sum that has to be paid if users want to access their files and how to do that. VMola ransomware seeks to scare users into paying money, so it says that their files will be deleted if they do not make a payment soon. Do not pay much attention to that if you are not going to pay money and have your files on the external drive; however, do not forget that it is still a must to uninstall VMola ransomware from the system.
Step by step instructions how to remove VMola virus.
STEP 1. Remove VMola virus from the system
First of all, VMola is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove VMola virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying VMola browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove VMola virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove VMola from your system completaly:
STEP 3. VMola prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with VMola virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.