VideoJunkie Search (or GamesJunkie Search) browser extension will get installed on the computer without user’s consent. This is precisely the reason why it was named as potentially unwanted program or PUP. As you surf the net, VideoJunkie Search may annoy you by displaying advertisements and occasional browser redirects. There are also times that unwanted add-on such as this can manipulate certain settings on the browser. It is usually by accident that VideoJunkie Search gets inside the computer system. Users are just a victim of malicious programs bundled into one attractive piece of product. Normally, they will disguise as important freeware, software update, or media player. Once said program is installed, other hidden files and nasty add-on like VideoJunkie Search is also get loaded not specific to computer user.
Existence of VideoJunkie Search inside Google Chrome or any other browser program implies that something is wrong with the computer. It is due to adware presence that have managed to sneak into the system and installed VideoJunkie Search without asking for user’s permission.
Technically speaking, VideoJunkie Search acts as conveyor for a number of advertisements to show up on your browser. It appends configuration on your Internet application in order to implicate payload such as pop-up ads as well as browser redirection. The sole purpose of VideoJunkie Search is to deliver ads and endorse products that greatly benefit its authors. In short, the subject is a profit-generating extension.
Step by step instructions how to remove VideoJunkie Search virus.
STEP 1. Remove VideoJunkie Search virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove VideoJunkie Search virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying VideoJunkie Search browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove VideoJunkie Search virus from your browser
First of all, VideoJunkie Search is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove VideoJunkie Search from your system completaly:
STEP 3. VideoJunkie Search prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with VideoJunkie Search virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.