vghost.exe miner slowly kills your CPU. How to eliminate vghost.exe trojan coin miner?
vghost.exe is a Trojan that hijacks computers to extract bitcoins using graphic and central processors. It haunts for Bitcoin, Monero, DarkNetCoin, and other crypto investments. This Trojan can perfectly confuse users about its presence for a long time. Hackers do their best to spread this malicious program in the Web and penetrate many the systems. If so called Bitcoin virus appears on the device, it starts mining digital currency secretly and deceives the owners about its presence. To eliminate the vghost.exe Bitcoin Miner, look through the short removal guide below.
This vghost.exe trojan comes to the system as a built-in tool in the software that is available for free on the Internet. It works as a lottery, you can’t predict what you get until you already have it. So, risky guys can try their luck, but we strongly suggest minding your online actions. Unfortunately, even the most attentive people may fail one day and get vghost.exe on their computer. However, don’t be upset if this story is about you. It is still not too late to change the situation for better.
vghost.exe should give up and leave your system before it is not too late. The activities it conducts infect the computer and harm it. Even those who use computer not for work, notice that the performance is rather slow, it is difficult to use browser as pop-ups disturb them, and so on. But people don’t know that their private information may already be in bad hands. You can only guess what can be with it then. We offer you to react before this happens. Use GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool as you see on the schemes. You will first results just now, it is fast in detecting the threat and removing unwanted apps.
vghost.exe can harm through:
- Wasting the CPU power and shortening its life.
- Loading process becomes extremely long.
- Launching doesn’t come to the end.
- Confusing anti-virus and installing unwanted programs.
vghost.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove vghost.exe virus from the browser
First of all, vghost.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by vghost.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and vghost.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that vghost.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove vghost.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed vghost.exe!
Video guide on how to remove vghost.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with vghost.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.